Fly High in 2018 by Working from Home for This AirlineMay 15, 2018
Are you ready to fly high with a career in the airline industry?
This position may not be as glamorous as being the pilot, but you will get to work from home as a sales agent.
Not only that, you'll get over twelve dollars an hour, typical benefits, and an amazing employee travel program that includes free, unlimited flights on standby. Yes, all while working from the comfort of your own home.
The only catch is you have to live within one-hundred miles of Boise, Idaho because this is where the company's main call center is. Every now and then, you'll have to go in for updated training sessions and basic administrative work. While you go through the training, there are weekly exams to test whether you're ready to work from home yet or not.
The primary call center is open twenty-four hours a day, every day of the year. So, if you want this job, you'll have to be able to work weekends, holidays, and overnight hours as needed. But, you'll be doing this from your home, answering basic phone calls and providing customer service.
Believe it or not, even though you're working from home, you'll be part of a union. While this does require startup fees and a monthly payment, it'll improve your job security and standardize your raises.
The company offering this is Alaska Airlines. Another caveat to this position is that they keep their office just like their planes - a smoke-free environment. To land this job, you cannot have had nicotine in your system for the past six months.
Here are some specific details on the job:
Sales Agent for Alaska Airlines
Hourly Pay Rate: $12.33
- Answer phone calls
- Provide customer service to customers with new or old airline reservations
- Answer questions, handle complaints and mediate other issues while being professional and maintaining courtesy
- Help clients fix technical problems they may have with the website or on their smartphones
- A high school diploma or G.E.D.
- The ability to use different technologies and applications and adapt when they are updated or upgraded
- Full authorization to legally work in the United States
- Fluency in English
- A phone line that they can dedicate to this position
- A high-speed internet connection that is connected directly to their computer
- Fluency in Spanish is a strong plus
Employee Benefits Package:
About Alaska Airlines
Alaska Airlines has been in business for over eighty-five years. They describe their employees as those who are guided by integrity, kindness, innovation, professionalism, and individuality. The individuality has come from their unique home - Alaska.
What the company has become after eighty-five years is a direct result of the unique individuals that have contributed to it. Their history includes countless aviation milestones, and unlimited stories of employees going above and beyond to help others.
Because of these achievements, the company has grown from a tiny, regional airline to an international one. They have more than thirty-three million customers per year, that they fly to one-hundred and eighteen locations that span over five different countries.
If you are considering taking on this role, the above section should tell you how seriously Alaska Airlines take their customer service. When you work for Alaska Airlines, you're not just another customer service representative in a call center of thousands. Instead, you are a valued piece of the company that will help them to reach their goals. And you will know you are valued by being rewarded by free airfare, free flights, and traditional compensation and benefits.
If you're ready for a career change, make 2018 the year you fly high with Alaska Airlines.
Unemployment: Know Where to Turn If You're in Need
Nobody plans to end up unemployed. It's an unfortunate situation that can create many hardships for both you and your family. When you're unemployed, you suddenly find yourself having to worry about your ability to pay bills,...Read More
The 8 Best Companies to Apply in 2018 With Amazing Employee Benefits
If you’re seeking a new job you know by now that there is more to your search than your annual salary. Your priorities might also include a better work-life balance, healthy retirement benefits, paid vacat...Read More
- How to Use a Personal Loan to Improve Your Cr...
- Unclaimed assets on the rise—are you missin...
- The iPad Pro is a Great Alternative to a Regu...
- What to do With Undesirable Holiday Gifts...
- Getting The Most From Your Rewards Credit Car...
- Make Your Pantry Happy With These Bulk Saving...
- Get Free Money and Grants From the Government...
- How the Government Can Help Finance Your Home...
- Non-Profit Organization Will Pay You To Save ...
- Millennials and the New Tax Law...